Nowadays almost everybody uses DSL to get fast internet connection. This type of connection uses a high-speed phone line between the DSL converter box or router and a network cable between the converter box or router and the network card in your PC. DSL connection is normally always on and working, but what can we do if suddenly problems occur and it stops working? Here are some tips for you:
- Check all connections to the DSL box, router and switches. Try to reset DSL box or restart it.
- Look at both the phone line and the network cable to see if there are any breaks or damages in the cable. How about the connectors? If there are damages replace the cable or connector.
- Is the telephone working? If not, then contact your telephone or DSL provider to see if there are any central defect in the whole network.
- Check if DSL filters are installed at all telephones on this phone line.
- Check if the router is working. Try to restart it.
- Try to repair the network connection through Windows control panel -> Network Connections.
- Unplug router and DSL box and wait for 10 minutes. Then plug up the DSL box at first. When the lights on DSL box settle plug up the router.
- Still not working? Call Service Hotline or customer support of your service provider for help.